e mail woes

metalmicky 09:23 22 Aug 2004

can any one please help me, i am trying to send an email to someone in my address book but it bounces back saying recipient name not unique,several matchesfound in address book i have deleated the name and put it back in i have got him to send me a mail and sent back on reply but the same thing keeps happing but his name is only in the address book once? so i would be grateful of any help in solving this problem.

johnnyrocker 09:39 22 Aug 2004

you dont say what e nail client you are using so your posting is like asking how long a piece of string is.

johnny.

beeuuem 10:26 22 Aug 2004

Open the mail that you received -go to File > Properties >Details tab.
Check that the From address matches the reply to address. It could be that the reply address, which is created by the sender, is incorrect.
The From address will something like "From: "Fred Smith" <[email protected]>
Try sending mail using the address inside the < >

metalmicky 12:24 22 Aug 2004

sorry johnnyrocker
outlook express and i will look at the address as suggested thanks beeuuem

metalmicky 20:34 22 Aug 2004

please can someone help still got a problem hav tried what has been suggested so far but still no luck

metalmicky 19:00 25 Aug 2004

Hi can any one out there help me please read the thread i have deleted my address book and re-done it but it still gives the same problem i am at a loss what to do now so any help would be gladly received thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?