E-mail virus undetected by Norton problem.

Wanderfly 10:10 01 Feb 2007

Hi all,
Problem; I'm getting emails returned to me as they couldn't find they addressee, but I haven't sent them, they aren't even addresses I recognise!
I run a fully paid up version of Norton Systemworks 2005 which has virus definitions fully updated.
I've just run a full system virus scan and ...nothing.
Any ideas next please?
Thanks.
Alex

birdface 10:19 01 Feb 2007

Can only think that maybe you have to up-grade it to 2007.May be some sort of spam,I am sure someone will come up with a better solution.

johnnyrocker 10:22 01 Feb 2007

simple, someone with your e mail address in their book has become infected and machine is mailing out as you and because the ret addy is yours you get the bounced mail, i have had a bad version of this for some weeks now but will eventually go away.

johnny.

vinnyT 10:27 01 Feb 2007

"I'm getting emails returned to me as they couldn't find they addressee, but I haven't sent them, they aren't even addresses I recognise!"

It sounds like someone may have cloned your email addy. This way when they send their spam, it is your addy on the email, this way you get the hassle, not the spammer.

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do about this, you could change your email addy (aggravation) or use a checker. I use Poptray (click here). With this I can check any email on the server, if I don't recognise/want it I delete it, without having downloaded it to my pc, other emails I want are downloaded as normal.

Hope this helps.

Wanderfly 11:00 01 Feb 2007

Thanks all,
will have a think!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?