e-mail store folder problem-outlook express

pooperscooper 13:52 19 Feb 2007

Hi, I have moved my e-mail store folder from it's oroginal location to my documents and now I can use the program that I got from this forum from staticbackup.com. It has been a brilliant program and worked perfectly every time to back up all my e-mails when I want to re-install windows ir whatever....Anyway I went and changed the place when the e-mail store folder originally was and now this program tells me that I have to put them back or it wont work,and guess what I can't remeber the place they were kept originally, camn someone look in their outlook express program and see where their mail back-up folder is kept, it will be the same and I can put them bacl....Thanks in advance Val....

Gongoozler 13:57 19 Feb 2007

Try C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{a very long alphanumeric}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

"Administrator" and the long alphanumeric will vary according to the setup you have

lotvic 13:58 19 Feb 2007

In XP they are usually in .dbx folders in Documents and settings>yourname>Local settings>application data>identities>[long folder name of numbers symbols and letters > Microsoft> Outlook Express

Open Windows Explorer then Tools>Folder Options>View Tab. Select show hidden files and folders, Untick Hide File extensions of known type and Untick Hide protected operating system files. Or you won't be able to see them.

pooperscooper 14:10 19 Feb 2007

FANTASTIC......Thank you so much it is all fixed up now, you are all so clever!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017