E mail snags...telling me I have unread e mails

emmamac 20:07 03 Nov 2006

Hi please help this is really bugging me, i go into my e mail account and read all my e mails, clear them from, in box, norton spam box etc but when my screen saver comes on it still says i have unread e mails. This is really annoying can anyone help!

Naeris 20:21 03 Nov 2006

What email client are you using?

emmamac 21:49 03 Nov 2006

Sorry not quite computer literate yet... microsoft outlook. Is that what you need to know

VoG II 21:53 03 Nov 2006

Screensaver or Welcome screen?

emmamac 22:35 03 Nov 2006

its the welcome screen i think.....when i haven't been on it a while it goes to my screen saver.... lots of squiggly lines....then when i press the mouse it switches to a blue screen with my icon on it. I click on this at it comes up with the standard page with all the icons on. Its on the blue page with my Icon on that it reads ...yes welcome you have 'so many unread e mails'. Then when I access them there is no unread e mails. If i shut down and restart it still tells me there I unread emails and when I press send/receive..its complete!!! I am blonde by the way!!!

VoG II 07:57 04 Nov 2006
  emmamac 14:42 04 Nov 2006

Sorry to be think but what does this download do

VoG II 14:43 04 Nov 2006

Turns off the e-mail notification on the Welcome screen. This is reversible.

emmamac 16:47 04 Nov 2006

Thats great thanks. Do you know why it would tell me I have unread e mails when there are none showing in any of my files including spam

VoG II 16:51 04 Nov 2006

It must have got confused.

Tweakui click here has a tool to reset the unread mail count in the Repair section.

emmamac 17:06 04 Nov 2006

this problem is happening every day. it zero's it self out over night but as soon as i get messages through it never completely clears the count even when i have read them. somedays it can be zero when I log off and the n when I log back on it say one message and then there is none in the files. It will then zero itself out when I log off but again appear when I log back oon again. Sometimes the count can be there for days and no logging off will clear it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?