E mail sending problems

Mumcookie 21:15 24 Jun 2009

I am not sure how to report this but here goes. I have logged onto my office server from my home computer for about a year and had no problems sending e-mails. In the last few weeks I have found I can log on and read my e-mails but when I try to reply the reply button is "grayed out" i.e. not available for me to select. If I leave it then after a while it becomes active. What is happening ?

Technotiger 21:38 24 Jun 2009

Maybe your Temp files need a good clear-out, or perhaps your outbox/inbox's need the same!

Mumcookie 08:47 26 Jun 2009

Thanks, if only it were that simple. I clear my temp files out monthly and my outbox/inbox every fortnight, but thanks for trying as it is driving me mad.

Clapton is God 09:33 26 Jun 2009

Does your office not have an IT support department which you can ask about this problem?

Mumcookie 11:54 26 Jun 2009

I do have an IT department but this is only happening on my home computer if I log on through my laptop all is OK. The office have suggested a few things but they didn't work and i live to far from the office to get someone out hence why i have turned to this forum who have been brilliant in the past.

Technotiger 15:06 26 Jun 2009

Try re-setting your email account within your mail program, just as if you were setting up a new account.

And/or run something like click here or similar, could just be a glitch in the Registry.

Mumcookie 16:19 26 Jun 2009

Sounds like a plan but ......can you explain a bit more what I need to do please ?

Technotiger 16:26 26 Jun 2009

OK - try the Reg Cleaner first - just install and run Ccleaner in its default settings, that is, run it without making any changes. When it has finished, re-start your computer.

If that has not made any difference, then re-set your Account preferences in your email program (just as if you were setting up the account for the first time), I am assuming you are using Outlook or Outlook Express.

Mumcookie 16:56 26 Jun 2009

I have tried the Ccleaner which didn't help. I cannot remember how to re-set my account preferences as it is so long ago since I set up the occount first time. I am using Outlook web access

Technotiger 17:08 26 Jun 2009

I use a totally different email program, so cannot advise you directly from my own experience - however, you may find this useful click here

Rahere 17:13 26 Jun 2009

This is server based, accessed through a browser so you have no control over the settings - I suspect barring any login issues the problem lies with your company's IT department

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?