e-mail (receiving) prob with Yahoo

Furkin 21:31 15 Dec 2006

Hi all,
I have just found out that I am not receiving my e-mails. I use BT.Yahoo & XP.
I can send o.k.
I just spoke to someone who sent me a couple of e-mails over the past couple of days,,,, but I havn't got them (they have clicked on 'reply' to mine, & tried typing in address - to no avail)
I have just sent two messages out & sent me a CC. They didn't arrive either,,,,,, but I did find them in the TRASH folder.
I have sent myself messages,,,, hoping that they would also find their way to the trash, but so far - they havn't !
As far as I can recall, I havn't touched anything that might effect this. It was perfect up until a couple of days ago.
Any suggestions please ?
thanks

kinger 21:54 15 Dec 2006

If you have BT Internet email address you need to set OE to authenticate the server connection.

Go into Tools/Accounts and Mail. Click on each BT account and select Properties. In the Servers tab, make sure that the box is checked alongside

"My server requires authentication".

Furkin 22:19 15 Dec 2006

Thanks Kinger,
Some of my 3rd party accounts were already checked,,, some wern't.
I certainly didn't alter any of them over the past few days (it is a personal home computer)
I have now checked them all & sent myself a message - which was recived o.k thanks.
Can you tell me why some of mine went to Trash ? I would have thought that if anything, they would have gone to Bulk ?!
I have probably deleted my missing messages whilst in Trash,,, & of course I have no idea what other messages have gone astray. Is there a way that I can look for them on the BT hub do you know ?
Do you know why this might have happened at all ? As I say, some were checked & some not, & have been for a while.
many thanks again
Furkin

dewskit 12:02 16 Dec 2006

I had the same a while ago. Contacted BT online help and the following advice was given. This cured my problem. Just why my friends had been changed to blocked I still do not know!

Please login to your e-mail account and set the “Spam Guard” is “ON”
from the Bulk folder. I request you to follow the steps given below to
check whether any e-mail address is blocked from your end:

1. Login to your Account using BT Yahoo! e-mail address.
2. Click on ‘Options’(right top corner).
3. Click on ‘Filters’.
4. Click on ‘Add’ button.
5. Select ‘does not contain’ from the ‘To/Cc header’ dropdown menu
6. Type your BT E-mail Address in the ‘To/Cc field’ .
7. From the ‘Move the message to:’ dropdown menu select ‘Trash’ folder.
8. Click on ‘Add Filter’.

If you are not getting the e-mail messages from particular e-mail
address, I request you to check whether the e-mail address has been blocked
by the steps given below:

1. Login to your account using the BT Yahoo! e-mail address.
2. Click on ‘Options’.
3. Click on ‘Block Addresses’
4. Check whether the e-mail address is available from which you are not
getting e-mail.
5. If so, select the e-mail address and click on ‘Remove Block’.

Furkin 10:48 17 Dec 2006

Thanks dewskit,
I checked the blocked list & did find a couple of entries that shouldn't be there. How they got on the list I have no idea. Now removed - thanks.

Talking of B.T,,,, Have you any idea how I can receive 3rd party messages within Yahoo ?

I had 3/4 names previously on Supanet & V21. They are still set up in my Yahoo, & I can send messages using Yahoo (giving 3rd party addresses) but can no longer receive them.

I have tried & tried following B.T's details but I can't get things to work now. As I say, it used to be fine - all of a sudden - the incoming just stopped !

Don't worry if not.

all the best
Furkin

dewskit 20:46 20 Dec 2006

Sorry Furkin,

But only just found your last posting.
Pleased that the BT advice helped you - like you I still do not know how the names became blocked!

Sorry I can't help with your other query, have never tried the messaging service!

Regards, and Christmas Greetings!

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?