e mail read receipt still no good madboy33

keith48 13:51 18 Jan 2003
  keith48 13:51 18 Jan 2003

you said go to outlook express, tools, options, reeipts, then box that says request a receipt for all sent messagas, but when I go totools the only options is internet options and from there I dont have any box letting me requesta receipt, any ideas where we are going wrong ?

rowdy 13:56 18 Jan 2003

that you are not in Internet Express when you should be in Outlook Express. the options you quote are in Internet express.

rowdy

powerless 14:07 18 Jan 2003

Explorer

rowdy 14:09 18 Jan 2003

Yes I stand corrected,really should read what I type.
thanks

rowdy

-pops- 14:22 18 Jan 2003

You have to be in the Create Mail mode for this option to be shown in Tools.

Brian

watchful 14:30 18 Jan 2003

Quite right -pops- but it's best to set it in Outlook Express-Tools-Options-receipts if you need this facility.

Peter E 14:41 18 Jan 2003

In "Outlook Express", as -pops- says, Create Mail and when the New Message window comes up, type up your e-mail, and then select Tools - Request Read Receipt from the menu bar in this window. Then send it.

Madboy was correct in that in Tools - Options of the main window is a Receipts tab. You can put a tick in a box here to request a read receipt for all messages you send. Saves you doing it for each individual message. Remember that the person receiving the e-mail can refuse to send a receipt if they so wish.

Of course, you can send an e-mail in Internet Explorer by selecting Tools - Mail and News - New Message. This opens the New Message window of Outlook Express.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone