E-Mail Programme

Toria 17:00 24 Jan 2010

Good Evening, I have recently got a new computer, could you recommend a programme for me to download for me to receive/send e-mails? Thanks.

birdface 17:04 24 Jan 2010

Normal E-mails.Thunderbird.
Fun E-mails Incredimail.

shellship 17:33 24 Jan 2010

If your new computer has Windows, of some form or other, installed it will have Outlook Express already there and this will enable you to handle emails.

Sea Urchin 17:53 24 Jan 2010

Outlook Express has not been installed on computers since Windows XP. Vista had Windows Mail, and Windows 7 probably nothing.

Woolwell 17:59 24 Jan 2010

There is Windows Live Mail.

Technotiger 18:44 24 Jan 2010
  Technotiger 18:53 24 Jan 2010

PS - I and all my friends and relatives use Incredimail which is free (though the paid for versions are better). However, if you do decide on Incredimail, during the Installation process do not allow it to install automatically - uncheck the box which it says is the Recommended option, otherwise it will make your Browsers' home page one of its own choosing, as opposed to the home page you are using in Internet Explorer or Firefox or whichever Browser you use.

JohnWilliams 19:58 24 Jan 2010

Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail is your best bet.

DieSse 23:12 24 Jan 2010

Or then again, if you use webmail (eg gmail, yahoomail, hotmail, etc) you do your emails via the web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc) and you don't need email software in your system at all.

DieSse 23:13 24 Jan 2010

Incidentally, in computing, it's always program - programme is for TV etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache