e-mail probs and cont connection to web by dial up

fozzy25 11:43 29 Mar 2006

two problems i have encountered recently i am on broadband and recently connected to belkin wirelees router 56 on main computer with a link usb to lap top how can i access all files from main computer and in spite of beiong connected to broadband it used dial up to connect with no telephone wire connected to either computer will this get charged to phone bill. the other question is i am unable tosend or receive my e-mail from laptop can you help thanks.

dms05 16:16 29 Mar 2006

Assuming your using IE then go to TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>CONNECTIONS where you have 'Always Dial my default connection' ticked. Tick 'Never Dial a Connection'. Should solve your first problem.

You say a USB link for your laptop. What do you mean? WiFi?

ade.h 16:35 29 Mar 2006

Last question: could be a number of things. First step is to check the program permissions in your client firewall. If that's okay, consider opening up certain ports (SMTP/POP3/IMAP etc) in the router's firewall settings. For Belkins, go to Virtual Servers and create a new entry. Tick boxes next to the required ports. I cannot guarantee that this is related to your problem, as I have never had any problems sending/receiving email through my Belkin router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017