E mail problems with Microsoft Outlook

Woodlane 19:17 19 Mar 2008

All incoming messages arrive via Googlemail into the Inbox in Outlook. When I go to reply, forward or send a new message I click "send & receive" but all that happens is that the message goes into Drafts but goes no further. I have checked this and it is true...the message doesn't get off.
In Googlemail (via the webpage)I find that when I send a message it gets off to the person intended but a copy then arrives in my Outlook in box. From there I can, if I want to, transfer it into the sent box.
So, one way or another it means that I have a picture of what has happened but it is not convenient. Everything worked fine until yesterday morning so I feel that something got altered but exactly what and how! Any ideas what needs to be done? I could use the Googlemail service and ignore Outlook but prefer it as it was.

johnnyrocker 20:02 19 Mar 2008

system restore?

johnny

Woodlane 14:12 20 Mar 2008

I discovered that it was very simple to resolve, as I had suspected. The toolbar at the top of the Outlook E mail had lost the send button and once the standard toolbar was restored the deed was done. All now OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?