E-mail problem

mousee 12:34 21 Jan 2007

My computer was infected by a program called antivermins in December when my Norton 2007 switched itself off, I tool it to my local computer shop who tried to fix it but couldn't, eventually it had to be formatted and XP Home reinstalled. It was working perfectly until Tuesday, now I cannot send or receive e-mails, I get an error on screen that says

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection, possible causes for this include Server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity. Account "mail.plus.net", server "mail.plus.net" protocol SMTP, port 25, secure [ssl]: no, socket error 10053, error number 0x000CCCOF.

I'm not the brightest person by a long chalk but I do try my best to fix things myself but this has me stumped, can anyone help?
The computer is mostly used by my son who is autistic and it is mainly to keep him happy and occupied, and with us having problems with it, he tends to get upset when he can't use it, grateful for any help or does it need to go back to the menders?

Ta

kernel gadaffi

Stuartli 13:09 21 Jan 2007

Do you use PlusNet?

I ask because you state mail.plus.net in both cases.

According to the PlusNet website, the server (i.e. the second entry) should be:

relay.plus.net

See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?