E-MAIL PROBLEM

rosie12 15:17 23 Feb 2006

Hi, After doing a windows re-install I thought that i had backed up all my files, when I came to re-install them my dvd was empty, so my fault,somehow I just assumed that all my files were on the dvd but it was empty. but is there any way of retrieving e-mails, say for the last couple of months, as there are some very important ones there that I thought that I had backed up and now I have lost them....I am using outlook express with win. ex

Thanks

rawprawn 15:23 23 Feb 2006

if you did a complete reinstall including format, they are gone.

rosie12 15:35 23 Feb 2006

It did ask me if I wanted to back-up settings and programs I said yes?....Does the server keep old e-mail?

remind 15:49 23 Feb 2006

Messages will only be kept on your email server if you specifically chose that option in your account settings. Make absolutely sure regarding your DVD - run this click here and click Disc

rosie12 16:33 23 Feb 2006

Unfortunately its telling me it's blanl, I can't believe this has happenned, I always, always, back-up but this time????

remind 16:40 23 Feb 2006

It's a very very remote possibility but you might get some stuff back with this; click here
Look for files ending .dbx, may not work at all if you did a reformat and reinstall but you have nothing to lose. Save and *install* the program on a different partition
than your main drive, or even on to a USB flash drive and run it from there.

rosie12 17:10 23 Feb 2006

Hi, I am trying it out now.....How is is then that people like the police can get data back when people have deleted it???

rosie12 15:27 24 Feb 2006

Hi, Thanks I am still trying it....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017