E-mail (outlook express) has stopped connecting

Old Town Steve 17:33 02 Nov 2006

My e-mail outlook express has suddenly stopped connecting and is giving the following error message:
The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 217.146.188.192 (217.146.188.192:110), connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
I'm with BT, and my internet connection is working fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction, is this likely to be a fault my end or theirs?

Cheers

amateurann 17:39 02 Nov 2006

BT seem to be having major problems at the minute. see click here My coonection is fine but email hit & miss and my internet phone was off for about 10 hours

rodriguez 17:46 02 Nov 2006

On Tuesday, my BT Broadband connection went off at about 6 pm and didn't come back on till after midday on Wednesday. It was still connected to DSL because the light was on, but wouldn't connect to the service because there was no connection. When I opened up the router's main page where you press the Connect button, it said "You are now ready to connect to ADSL". When I pressed the Connect button, it said "Connecting..." then went back to "You are now ready to connect to ADSL" and just refused to connect. So it might just be a problem with their servers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache