e mail not working

colberly 08:40 23 Mar 2011

This Am when I checked my e mail this is the response I got
Account: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Server: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
it just keeps asking for my user name & password which doesn't rectify the problem. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Furkin 08:50 23 Mar 2011

Hi,
I'm no expert at this, but until someone else comes along,,,,

Sometimes I have noticed this happen,,,, then the next day, it's back to normal.

Otherwise, in my case, when it asks for Name & Password, it's asking for authorisation from my B.Band account. I use Supanet/O.Express. When I get the same message I need to insert the B.Band Name & Address (to authorise the supanet use).

Hope this helps.

Nontek 08:57 23 Mar 2011

This is sometime overcome by simply reading through all the details of your account again, just as you did when first setting it up. Not actually typing anything, just looking at each tab in the account Properties. I hope that makes sense.

Taff™ 09:01 23 Mar 2011

Don`t be surprised but it`s been happening to me over several days now. It fails with similar codes and then works for several hours. Post back if you`ve still got a problem later or phone them and see what they say.

Furkin 09:08 23 Mar 2011

You could put the error code into google (other browsers are available).

colberly 09:51 23 Mar 2011

Thank you e mail suddenly decided to resolve itself. Back to normal now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?