e-mail not getting through

Border View 23:40 07 Jan 2010

I have two e-mail accounts. My isp (o2) which I receive and send via outlook express and yahoo which I use via yahoo web mail page.

I have two friends who are trying to send me e-mail (I can send to them without problem using the two e-mail accounts) but they fail to get through on either account. One is using fsmail.net and the other sbcglobal.net.

I use avast anti-virus and Sunbelt Personal firewall.

Does anyone have any idea why these particular e-mails are not getting through. Everything else seems to get through OK.

Would welcome your comments.

lotvic 00:06 08 Jan 2010

a server must be blocking them (they will be coming through several servers before yours I would think)
In case it is just your ISP's mail server have you tried logging in to your webmail and marking their email addys as 'safe' by putting them into your address book on your WEBmail server.

Border View 00:22 08 Jan 2010

Thanks lotvic I shall do as you suggest regarding the webmail address book.

Will report back on how it goes.

Woolwell 09:55 08 Jan 2010

It is possible that your ISP is automatically filtering them as spam into a junk mail folder. have a look at the webmail version of your account. Also check that it hasn't gone into spam on your own computer.

Border View 14:07 08 Jan 2010

Having difficulties accessing web mail account on o2. Pleased to say however that friend in California is able to e-mail via yahoo address.

I have contacted my other friend and asked them to try again using yahoo. Hope to be successful there.

Thank you lotvic and Woolwell for responding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?