e-mail mailwasher

supered 15:11 17 Jul 2008

Can anyone please tell me how to install a mailwasher programme which is free and one which you can bounce mail back to sender.
I have been trying but I get the message (no such host,check pop3 setting)and I dont' know what to do next,HELP please.

Clapton is God 15:17 17 Jul 2008

Not really sure what you mean - "how to install a mailwasher programme"?

Download the executable from the mailwasher site click here and then follow the instruction in the installation wizard.

In any event, you should never bounce e-mail back. Apart from the fact that it just clogs up the internet with yet more spam messages, it also lets the spammers know that your e-mail address is active.

candun 16:33 17 Jul 2008

I believe that these applications only work with Outlook Express or Office Outlook and require the setting up of an account using the password issued by your ISP. If this is the case and you can't locate this P/Word then you may have to visit the customer or help zone of your service provider for advice etc.

Clapton is God 16:58 17 Jul 2008

"I believe that these applications only work with Outlook Express or Office Outlook and require the setting up of an account using the password issued by your ISP"

Yes, Mailwasher only works with an e-mail client as opposed to web mail. But there is absolutely no need to use a password or seek anything from your ISP.

It works by allowing you to see the mail waiting on your ISP's mail server before you download it to your PC. You can set up filters and rules to filter out the garbage at source.

matofthemint 18:05 17 Jul 2008

I have used Mailwasher for quite some time now and it not only works with the ISP but also with Hotmail if you programme it to do so.

peter99co 18:11 17 Jul 2008

Super freebie! Add it to the list.

Binzy 09:32 24 Sep 2008

I've just downloaded the free mailwasher program but obviously missed the password screen. Now I cannot access the program because I've not created a password. Can anyone help me to get to the right screen please.

Thanks

Clapton is God 12:50 24 Sep 2008

Mailwasher Free doesn't have a password option

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017