E mail from Laptop

landyfvp 15:09 15 Dec 2006

I have a desk top PC linked to the internet via a network and BT hub. All works fine. I use Outlook Express.

I have recently bought a laptop. I have transfered all my email setting to Outlook Express. I connected to the internet via a wireless card. However, I can receive emails but can not send. Went sending I get the following message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recepients was rejected by the sever. The rejected e-mail address was [email protected] Subjetct 'Test' Account'XXXXXXXXXX'. Server smtp.XXXXXX.com' Protocal: SMTP, Server responce@ '550 Recipient Rejected: Relay not allowed', Port 25, Secure (SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Anyone help on how to sort this so I can send emails from my laptop

Thanks.

JimButler 15:22 15 Dec 2006

Maybe worth looking at Accounts ( under tools ) Highlight your mail provider. Select properties and servers tab. Check My Server requires authentication box. See what that does.

Technotiger 15:23 15 Dec 2006

Hi, scroll down and you will see 550 mentioned.

click here

Good luck.

landyfvp 15:28 15 Dec 2006

Thanks.

I don't understand this though:

The solution is to change the SMTP server for that mail account under Tools| Accounts| <account name> Properties| Servers.

Change it to what?

JimButler 15:31 15 Dec 2006

Is the Box "My Server Requires Authentication" checked ? If NOT check it.

Technotiger 15:35 15 Dec 2006

Assuming you can send/receive ok from your desktop pc, look at the Server details on there, then copy details to laptop.

landyfvp 15:37 15 Dec 2006

Now checked.

Seems to be working.

Many thank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?