E mail help Google / Outlook

Bike-it 12:22 03 Sep 2008

I am using Google mail for all my emails, but if i am on a web site and i click a link within the web site to send someone an email it always opens outlook express, how can i go about setting this so whenever i click on links it will open Google mail.

Sea Urchin 12:45 03 Sep 2008

Try clicking on Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab and select desired E-mail program

Bike-it 13:52 03 Sep 2008

Tried your suggestion but it does not give Google mail as an option, it only gives Outlook express and windows live mail.
Any more suggestions

ronbin76 14:51 03 Sep 2008

I am tryingto export a number of Distribution Lists to CSV files for mailing purposes (Defintiely not Spam!!) can anyone tell me how to do so please??

anniesboy 14:53 03 Sep 2008

I use Google mail and had the same issue as you,I got round this by using Thunderbird and importing my Google mail to it.
You can then select Thunderbird from Tools>internet options > programmes.

There may a simpler way but I don't know it.

I find Thunderbird to be a much better option than Google (a personal preference I know)

Bike-it 15:14 03 Sep 2008

Thanks. Any more suggestions on my original posting.

Clapton is God 16:32 03 Sep 2008

You can set Outlook Express to receive/send your Google Mail rather than having to sign into Google every time.

Having set up Google in OE (POP and SMTP) you can send and receive from there as a Google address click here

Clapton is God 16:34 03 Sep 2008

Rather than hijacking Bike-it's thread with a completely unrelated topic, please start your own thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie