E-mail delivery ?

Daibus 11:23 01 Nov 2003

Is there anyway that you can check why an e-mail has apparently not been received by the recipient, in spite of the fact that it has not been returned to me, and my OE shows the time and date that it was sent and received ?

johnnyrocker 11:27 01 Nov 2003

if oe says it was received and the address was correct then someone (not ness the intended recipient) has viewd and poss deleted. any chance of other party looking in deleted?

johnny.

Chris the Ancient 11:47 01 Nov 2003

E-mails do sometims go astray out there. I think there is a 4th dimensional black hole that absorbs them!

One way of checking if it has been received and openened is with this free program

click here

which checks and tells you if a mail has been opened.

You can check if an e-mail address is valid using

click here

Otherwise, perhaps someone might be preferring to not admit that they've received the mail for some obscure reason.

HTH

Chris

Stuartli 12:11 01 Nov 2003

Tiscali, for one, has been taking up to eight or nine days to deliver some of my e-mails.....

Agent Smith 15:32 01 Nov 2003

My e-mails to AOL have gone AWOL. I asked here and got a response. click here

ocean 11:48 14 Dec 2003

My e-mail to one regular addressee has been blocked repeatedly over the past week. The returned mail quotes "sorbs" and is demanding a donation to charity to unblock. This can't be legal. How do I get unblocked. ISP (Tiscali) said it would help but I get no further replies.
HELP!

ocean 11:48 14 Dec 2003

My e-mail to one regular addressee has been blocked repeatedly over the past week. The returned mail quotes "sorbs" and is demanding a donation to charity to unblock. This can't be legal. How do I get unblocked. ISP (Tiscali) said it would help but I get no further replies.
HELP!

palinka 12:25 14 Dec 2003

Two thoughts about this:
1.Last week I sent an email containing document as an attachment to 11 colleagues, all were received OK except for the one who uses AOL who returned it to me with a message about their "solution" to spam - which seems to be not to allow any "bulk mailing" messages containing attachments. I was amazed that they clamp down on a mere 11.

2.I use Bigfoot to forward my mail to my ISP. In last month I've started to experience delays in delivery TO me; many, tho not all, are due to Bigfoot delays. But fortunately 48 hrs was the max delay

palinka 12:41 14 Dec 2003

Thanks for the link, Chris the Ancient; i've often wondered if there was a way of knowing whether someone had at least opened the email - I have a number of friends who ignore my requests for a "Read" response.

Chris the Ancient 20:24 14 Dec 2003

Just caught up!

You're welcome.

Chris

Daibus 18:11 16 Dec 2003

I have now started using "Mailwasher" and if you download the cheaper pay version, you don't have to have the e-mail tagged, if you don't want to.

The software does work very well indeed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?