E-mail converted to attachment

Red Ed 13:45 17 Dec 2008

I have one regular contact where my e-mail is automatically converted to an attachment when it arrives. I have tried sending an e-mail to him from three different e-mail addresses (that I have) and to two different e-mail addresses that he has but always the same problem. It does not happen to anybody sending to him or receiving from me. My e-mail webhoster says it is nothing to do with them. Any thoughts anybody? Thanks!

DippyGirl 14:40 17 Dec 2008

What are the email clients involved?
Are your emails HTML or plain text?

beeuuem 14:46 17 Dec 2008

You don't say what you or he is using for mail.
If your mail is received as an htm or html attachment it may be that you are composing/sending the mail as html and he has set his computer to read all mail as plain text.
If you are using Outlook Express these settings are changed in Tools > Options > Send or Receive

Red Ed 14:53 17 Dec 2008

Thanks for the replies you two. I am using Outlook 2007 and sending in HTML. I will try sending him a message in plain text to see if that fixes it.

Red Ed 16:18 17 Dec 2008

Unfortunately, the test sending in plain text did not work. I have just had an e-mail back saying it arrived as an attachment.

Sea Urchin 16:49 17 Dec 2008

Might be a silly question, but what is it attached to? Is it just a blank email, or is there some information contained it?

Red Ed 17:37 17 Dec 2008

No attachments Sea Urchin. It is just a blank email. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Sea Urchin 18:28 17 Dec 2008

Now you've got me confused - in your initial post you say your email is converted to an attachment. But now you say there is no attachment.

Red Ed 09:36 18 Dec 2008

Sorry - maybe I didn't answer your question well Sea Urchin. My e-mails to this guy contain a few lines of text. I do not have an attachment on the e-mail when I send it. However, when it arrives his end, the e-mail is converted to an attachment. The one he has sent back to me to look is converted to an attachment called ATT00001.txt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?