E-mail with AOL

StevieB77 22:24 13 Jan 2004

When I right click on a file i have the option to send it to 'mail recipient', but this then open MS Outlook, does anyone know how to link this with AOL?

Djohn 22:34 13 Jan 2004

In IE, click on tools/internet options/programs, then click on the drop down menu next to e-mail and see if AOL is offered as an option to Outlook. If it is then click on that and set it as your default e-mail handler. j.

StevieB77 22:39 13 Jan 2004

Just had a look at that and it was already on AOL but it still opens Outlook!

Djohn 23:07 13 Jan 2004

Thats strange StevieB77, I would have thought if it was set as the default it would be there in a "Right click". I must admit I never got round to trying this option in all the time I was with AOL. :o(

The way I used was, open the email, then attach the file from there. I know this doesn't help with your question, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Maybe the right click menu will only offer pop 3 type programs? Mine is set for "Outlook Express and I've just tried a right click and mail recipient and "Express" opened for me. I then tried "Outlook" and "Hotmail" and each one worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?