E-mail to all my contacts

GroupFC 22:50 23 Mar 2005

Now that I have BB - I want to make full use of it!

What I want to do is send all my contacts details of my new e-mail adress, the question is - does anybody if there is an easy way to do this?

I suppose I can create a new group and put everybody in it and do it that way but is there any other ways?

DieSse 23:08 23 Mar 2005

The polite way is to send an email to youself, with all your contacs as "Blind-Copies". Then no-one actually gets your list of contacts.

DieSse 23:11 23 Mar 2005

PS - assuming you are using Outlook or Outlook express - I'm not sure about web mail systems, but you can probably do something similar.

Buchan 35 23:11 23 Mar 2005

Thanks for that mate. Now it`s so obvious

GroupFC 23:22 23 Mar 2005

Yes I should have said I am using OE6.

I hadn't thought about everbody seeing the contacts - presumably that would still be the case if I used a group - that is everybody would be able to see who was in the group?

DieSse 23:44 23 Mar 2005

You don't need to make a group if you use "Blind Copies"

Taff36 00:38 24 Mar 2005

I suggest you make a group and include it in the bcc and send it to yourself. Otherwise as has been said everyone will see the contacts.

A group should be created if you intend to send regular e-mails to them. You may want to e-mail them again of course, perhaps to wish them all "Merry Christmas" BUT some ISP providers may restrict the number of copies sent to say 25 at a time. One e-mail to 150 people could be spam and they frown on it! If this happens and you get rejections create multiple groups of 20 at a time.

GroupFC 21:33 06 Apr 2005

Just tidying up my postings.

I used the "blind copies" route and everybody seems to ahve got it OK. Thanks for all your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?