E-mail addresses Bb... and Cc..

wotbus@ 10:33 09 Apr 2003

Hi all.Yesterday evening my wife pointed out something in a French womans mag about email adds.It said if you use the Cci.. address you can send to multiple adds but without the receipients knowing who the other adds were.Until now,I only thought I had Cc..!!!.Further investigation revealed a Bb.. but no Cci. OK can someone explain to me what these things are? I have a "From" which is easy, why don't I have a "To" and an "Info" or is that too much to expect.I am not in the habit of sending email to multiple adds, just curious as to what the B's and C's mean (and where is Cci?). I use Office XP Outlook for my mailer prog.

Sir Radfordin™ 10:43 09 Apr 2003

CC is left over from the days when you would send a carbon copy of a document to someone else, today its often known as that but may also be known as a courtusy copy.

To use the CC field just add in other addresses you want the mail to go to. The To: field should be the main recipient.

BCC is the same idea, but the B is for blind. This means that the person who gets the email doesn't know who else it was sent to. The best way to do this is to put your address in the To: field and then all the people you want to send the email to in the BCC field. This is the best way to send out a newsletter, for example, as the recipents don't collect email addresses. This is something so many companies overlook and is bad practice.

As for CCi...haven't a clue, shouldn't read French womens mags!

wotbus@ 10:56 09 Apr 2003

I think thats all squared away now.Thanks for the gen.Perhaps I will email the author of the "Informatique Advice" column and ask him.Watch this space!

DieSse 12:56 09 Apr 2003

CCi = French for Bcc

Sir Radfordin™ 13:19 09 Apr 2003

Thats as random as it gets :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?