e mail addresses

mgm51 15:55 07 Apr 2014

Hi all new here, Is it possible for me to have two email addreses on the one email thing, I.E.my address + my wife`s rather than having to close one down and reopen another.......?

thank you

lotvic 17:04 07 Apr 2014

Do you mean collect the email for two address accounts on your pc via an email program?

or do you mean through Webmail

a few more details of exactly what you want to achieve are needed as there are many, many ways of having 'two email addreses on the one email thing' and I would think that whatever setup you are thinking of, there will be a way to do it :)

alanrwood 20:44 07 Apr 2014

If you have your own hosted domain you can choose what its name is, providing someone else has not got that one first. Then you can have a number of emails with separate inboxes and accounts on the same server all independent of each other. It isn't all that expensive. I pay about £25 a year and have up to 10 mailboxes. It also means that the mail addresses are portable if you change ISP and they are personal to you and thus even recognisable.

dangerus1 22:19 07 Apr 2014

I use Office Outlook and I have my "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" each with their own inboxes etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?