e-mail accounts & networks

HenryVIII 20:54 22 Jun 2007

My wife and I use Outlook 2000 for e-mail. Freeserve, my first ISP, allowed you to use separate, and therefore private, outlook.pst files (we have separate XP User Accounts), but Waitrose, the new ISP, doesn't. You can only use Rules to separate inboxes within the common outlook.pst file. Because we share the ISP (Waitrose) account, although with separate alias e-mail addresses, any mail sent to either of us goes to the Outlook inbox of the one who opens Outlook first.
Now my wife has bought a laptop and we have a Wireless Network. My e-mails sometimes end up on her laptop and hers on my PC, and it gets messy sorting it out. Has anyone got a neat solution to this? I'm now using Gmail, but I can't have multiple e-mail addresses that way.

martan 18:01 23 Jun 2007

hi henry viii
have you set up the email accounts on the laptop as well as your desktop the only way is to have one account on the laptop and one on your main pc as both my wife and i have two seperate accounts and run wireless networkand never have any problems with email going to the wrong pc martan

Batch 18:21 23 Jun 2007

Why can't you have multiple Gmail addresses? Can't you just go and open as many as you want?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?