e commerce

stinkychris 17:54 11 Jun 2006

I own a small company here in the UK. We need to expand onto the internet, and eBay, whilst quite good, isn't perfoming as well as it should.

Therefore I have taken the plunge and decided to build our own website, but I want the process to be as hassle free as possible (see how selfish I am?).

We already have a server and a domain, and what I really need is a program(s) (the cheaper the better) that will help me build and completely customise my own website (I'll hopefully import my own java menus), and help me in the integration of a shopping basket system. Finally I would like something that will allow me to choose my own payment gateway (depending on what the banks can offer me).

Does anyone have any thoughts, or ideas, or advice, as what to do and what to do it with (in terms of programs)?

Thanks guys.

smudge101 12:05 12 Jun 2006

Hi Chris

I can highly recommend Cubecart. It is a free ecommerce package and highly customisable.
You can pay to register and then remove the cubecart copyrights, which makes it ideal as you can try it out first with no capitol outlay. They also have a very active forum with plenty of help.
You have to register before you download but this is free.
You can find more info and download at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?