E-book in Newsletter

thumbscrew 20:11 09 Jan 2008

I've just received the latest Newsletter and downloaded the 32 page e-book. It came successfully on screen, so I thought I'd read it later and closed it. Trouble is, now I don't know where it's gone...can't find it. Can anyone help please?

Pesala 17:54 13 Jan 2008

If you're using Internet Explorer to download PDF files it will be stored in your Temporary Internet Files directory.

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\

This folder is a hidden system folder, so you will have to go to Tools, Folder Options, View from Windows Explorer to show protected operating system files.

When you have found the hidden folder, sort by Type and scroll down to PDF files to find your ebook. When you try to open it you will get a warning that this may cause instability. It didn't for me, so just go ahead. Open it in your PDF viewer, and save it to My Documents.

It would probably be quicker to download it again unless you're on dial-up.

thumbscrew 18:05 13 Jan 2008

Hi Pesala and thanks. Clicked tools...where exactly is Folder Options?

Sea Urchin 18:11 13 Jan 2008

Hi thumbscrew - forgive my bemusement, but I thought you had sorted this out last week, as per the link to your other posting (see *Raven* above)

thumbscrew 19:30 13 Jan 2008

Greetings Sea Urchin and yes, you're right it is sorted, however even though I clicked resolved, Pesala posted the above and I couldn't see the aforementioned Folder Options. It's bugging me!!

Pesala 22:01 13 Jan 2008

Try reading my post again. All the necessary information is there.

thumbscrew 22:12 13 Jan 2008

But after you click on "Tools" there is no "Folder Options" option???

lotvic 23:37 13 Jan 2008

click on 'My Computer' (to open Windows Explorer)
then click on Tools, Folder Options, (it's the bottom one of the drop down menu)
choose the 'View' tab and go down the list to 'Hidden files and folders' and put a green dot in 'Show hidden files and folders'
click on Apply and OK

thumbscrew 00:09 14 Jan 2008

AHA...cryptically solved. Sorry, I'm a lover not a computer expert...last man standing. Thanks pal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?