E-Book Download

thumbscrew 21:05 09 Jan 2008

Just had the latest newsletter and downloaded the security E-Book. It appeared on the screen and I closed it to peruse it later. Trouble is, I can't find it now. Can anyone tell me where it's hiding please?

Sea Urchin 21:29 09 Jan 2008

You've posted this twice, which may cause confusion. The PDF file you refer to appears to be corrupted, and I can no longer download it from the e-mail. Maybe PCA will send a debugged version tomorrow?

thumbscrew 21:47 09 Jan 2008

Thanks Sea Urchin, posted twice because the site went down in the middle of my first post! Unsure what you mean by a corrupted file, as I downloaded it and still can...just don't know where to recall it???

Sea Urchin 22:15 09 Jan 2008

When you clicked on the link in the email it opens up the PDF file. You then need to save it to wherever you wish to keep it - Desktop, My Documents or whatever. That's where it will then be available.

I havent had it so only guessing but did you file>save the pdf,if your pdf reader just opens it.
or if when downloading you selected save and not open,it should be where your downloads are saved to?

sorry Sea Urchin,
missed your last reply

thumbscrew 23:04 09 Jan 2008

Ok, but after it's downloaded and on my screen, where then is the "Save" option to click on? Sorry to be so useless, but there's nothing there.

which pdf reader?
I use foxit and its click file,top left corner and save or save as

thumbscrew 23:14 09 Jan 2008

Ok thanks all and everyone...got it now....many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone