e-bay printing a postage label

User-312386 07:43 20 Oct 2007

Hi all

I have just bought these labels click here and have tried to print off a label for p&p in e-bay

However, the printing runs over the middle divide and the paypal sign is cut off partially and runs into the next label. I have tried everything in the print settings on my HP deskjet 920C running windows XP

I have been advised to use the avery wizard, which i duly installed, however, i see no option in the print settings(when it pops up) to change it to the label

All help would be appreciated

sah1157 08:20 20 Oct 2007

hi, have you tried to design your own custom label? this might work if you put in the measurements of your label and the edges, rather than rely on the templates.

i've been using some old labels i had. the measurements are 139 x 99.1mm. they seem to just fit, although they are not perfect either. although to confuse matters more, i had a similar problem with my officejet 6210, yet when i started using a lexmark printer it printed in a slightly better position!

User-312386 08:40 20 Oct 2007

Its not a case of relying on templates, when the box pops up to print in paypal, it does not give you the option. I have tried what you said all to no avail

Thanks for your help

User-312386 09:35 20 Oct 2007

Sometimes i am so silly

I thought i would go into page setup in internet explorer and set the margins to zero and the left margin 105mm and then open the print window, yes yes yes it works. My labels now print in the correct place.

Thanks for your help sah1157

sah1157 12:06 20 Oct 2007

i'll try that one myself!!

brambles 15:41 20 Oct 2007

This is identical to AVERY J8169 I don't do anything on eBay but I do a lot of printed postage through Post Office web site and this is the label template I use all the time.

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?