dxdiag network tab error in xp

hugh-265156 22:57 09 Mar 2003

hi guys only me again.long story but to keep it short i had to reinstall service pk1.all went to plan ok.however i had previously direct x9 installed.i now have 8.1?decided to check all ok and ran dxdiag.all ok apart from when i check the network tab in the left pane i get the following. modem service provider OK
serial service provider OK
ipx service provider OK
tcp/ip service provider ok
directplay8 modem service provider ERROR
directplay8 serial service provider ERROR
directplay8 ipx service provider ERROR
directplay8 tcp/ip service provider ERROR

in the right hand pane i get the following.

registered lobbyable directplay apps monopoly2000 file missing.

and in the notes pane at the bottom i get the following.

reg info for directplay8 modem service provider is missing or damaged
reg info for directplay8 serial service provider is missing or damaged
reg info for directplay8 ipx service provider is missing or damaged
reg info for directplay8 tcp/ip service provider is missing or damaged.

the monopoly thing puzzles me as i have never had this installed? i had a look in the registry and found directplay8 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/microsoft anybody know what this is and how to fix?thanks very much.

powerless 12:08 10 Mar 2003

Don't worry about it.

hugh-265156 21:27 10 Mar 2003

thanks Powerless.there is no smoke pouring out of it so guess your right LOL!will leave thread open for a while just in case.ta.

square eyes 22:31 10 Mar 2003

Amazing, im part of a on-going saga with XP restarts and display drivers being the fault. One day it will be resolved but as part of my investigations i had a peep in the DX settings and i have exactly the same and put it down to the problems with restarting.
Powerless is a very common name in these parts so i am pleased he has said this. I will eliminate these reports from my enquries.
Don't like to ask "are u sure" but,,, are u sure this is ok?

hugh-265156 23:07 10 Mar 2003

i have got some very good advice from Powerless in the past so dont think i have too much to worry about.just inquisitive and want to learn how things work.will keep open for a while yet.talking of on going sagas click here

square eyes 23:41 10 Mar 2003

I just can't bring myself to enter that thread as i may never come out again!!lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?