dvr dvd writer cannot play

sing hon liauw 10:22 21 Feb 2009

Hi,
I have a fairly new Pioneer dvr 115D dvd writer and lately when i go into device manager,it shows a yellow question mark and doesn't work.i tried to reinstall drivers in but no go.Emailed pioneer support and they said its a 'plug and play',i tried disconnecting it,reboot it ,it found it as' a new device has been detected'but still won't play-same result.Tried to roll back driver to no avail ,i'm tearing my hair out with this one.Can anyone suggest anything?
Pionner suggest a rescan ,delete and it should work but it doesn't.Could anyone help me please to reinstall this on windows xp?
thanks,
Henry liauw

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:37 21 Feb 2009

Virtually all CDs /DVDs players and writers will use the same windows drivers in XP. they are in the windows\system32\dirvers\ or windows\system32\DRIVERS \ folder and are:-
DRIVERS\cdrom.sys

DRIVERS\imapi.sys

drivers\MxWI2k.sys

drivers\pfc.sys

DRIVERS\REDBOOK.sys

and in the windows\system32 folder

storprop.dll

try device manager update driver and install these files. to get your CD/DVD working again.

MAJ 13:47 21 Feb 2009

Try this. click here

crosstrainer 14:29 21 Feb 2009

If Fruit Bat /\0/\'s method fails, go to device manager and delete the DVDR completly (right click cjoose delete)

Then re-boot. Windows will install the drivers again, and your drive should work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?