dvi or vga

hi, i have bought a new monitor and graphics card, graphics card has 2 dvi ports, moniyor came with a vga cable which can disconnect at either end (screen and pc) i am using the vga adaptor that came with the grx card, my question is would i have a better quality picture if i bought a new cable screen >> dvi? the picture seems very clear and im happy with it, i just wondered what the advantages were with dvi. thanks in advance adam

Z1100 22:04 02 Jan 2007

click here

I just went through this before getting a new (DVI) Monitor.

Hanx!
K.

hmmm! thats for that, nothings straight forward i suppose, i shall read up thanks again

Z1100 22:20 02 Jan 2007

then you really need the DVI Cable. I opted for the DVI-i format as the DVI-i Cable will transmit both Digital and Analoge signals down the one cable and it is 'bi-directional' so the card and the monitor 'talk' to each other and decide what type of data is sent. (Apparently, but to be honest after reading reams of text my head went foggy)

Maybe they talk about the weather too cause some of my images take ages to load :P

I found wiki to be the best for the DVI Info

Hanx!
K.

well i bought nvidea 7600gt pci express and click here if it aint broken, as they say! i just wondered if there were any major advantages of using the proper cable, think i'll leave it as it is, thanks very much for the advise.
adam

Z1100 23:27 02 Jan 2007

I am surprised that the monitor does not have a DVI Input. Oh, and It sounds like a nice bit of kit 20" ! and a whopping 1400 x 1050 resolution.

The specs say;

Input Signal RGB Analog
Input Terminal 15pin D-Sub

Based on that your D Cable will be all you need.

Hanx!
K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?