DVDs of pictures with music

annabelcanon 15:19 19 Sep 2010

I am struggling to find software to burn DVDs with music and photographs. I have a canon 50d and would love to be able to burn a dvd with good quality pictures and accompanying music. I find that often programmes loose the quality of the images. Has anyone any suggestions?

g0nvs 17:11 19 Sep 2010

Here you go, not the cheapest but I think one of the best.

click here

Les28 17:26 19 Sep 2010

A couple of points that may help people, what programs have you used which lose the quality of the image and which have you used which are OK?

Are you burning directly from the editing and rendering program or are you saving the rendered file and burning that with a dvd burning program later, in which case what video format are you saving in?

How are you viewing the dvd's, on a TV or on a PC monitor?

This is a slideshow of stills with a musical background, with transitions between each still, fade, dissolve etc that you're burning as a video dvd disk?

What are your bit rate settings for the dvd, I usually just use camcorder movie film but now and again have some stills inserted and usually render or burn everything at around the 1MB per second for standard dvd disk.

I think a standard dvd player can't play anything much higher than about 10Mbps, roughly 1.25 MBs, so I tend to stick at around 8Mbps or 1MB per sec with standard dvd.

These are jpeg images from the camera are they?

muddypaws 17:27 19 Sep 2010

Have used this for some years.
Assuming you are Windows.
click here
To burn to DVD you need the DVD add on which was about a tenner when I bought it 4 years ago.
This adds another option at the end of the slide show process to create DVD for use on domestic players.

eedcam 18:41 19 Sep 2010

If you have xp then just use windows movie maker export as DV_paal the udse something like DVd flick which is free which will hen author and burn to dvd click here

You only need to add the file/s . there is abuilt in tutorial but very straightforward .If you want to check the wquality first .Then just burn as an ISO image first play thet if happy then just burn that to dvd

Nontek 22:13 19 Sep 2010

click here

This full program was recently on a PCA cover-disc, and is easy to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?