DVD+RW Formatting

dave.engsurv 13:11 05 Nov 2004

With which program and how do I format a DVD+RW disc?
Many thanks
dave.engsurv

bretsky 14:03 05 Nov 2004

Depends on your burning software, usually you will have a third party app, Nero or roxio or deepburner from click here which is what I use for my DVD/R+RW material.

Put the disc into the drive and follow your programs onscreen instructions to format the disc, some apps allow formatting as you burn your data, so doing away with the need to format separately.

bretsky ;0)

dave.engsurv 15:35 05 Nov 2004

Thanks Bretsky
I have Nero. But it will only burn to DVD+R, with DVD+RW I get an error message saying disc full or incorrect media. I save video as a mpeg file.
dave.engsurv

BRYNIT 15:53 05 Nov 2004

Could be the DVD+RW disc you are using as some dics do not work.

Try opening nero burning rom click on recorder/erase rewritable disc (If the disc is not compatable it will say this is not a Rewritable disc.)this should allow the disc to be used as a DVD+R disc and could be erased when needed again.

To format DVD+RW discs you will need InCD click here

Confab 15:53 05 Nov 2004

With NERO, if you want to use the DVD as a big floppy drive then you need to format the disc with InCD. Once done you can drap and drop files on to your DVD.

It may be that the DVD has some info on it and your tryng to burn some more using NERO. If so erase the disk first. Its one of the menu's at the top of the screen

dave.engsurv 11:54 08 Nov 2004

Hi Guys

Sorry to have been so long in coming back on this but I was very busy over the weekend.
I have tried all the suggestions given,I updated Nero 6 OEM, installed inCD and deepburn1, but still can not burn to the Packard Bell DVD+RW!
As you said it seems computer or Nero 6 OEM does not like the disc!
Unless anybody else has a magic solution I shall have to use DVD+R disc
The only type of disc I have not tried is DVD-RW.
What type and manufacture disc do you guys use?
Again many thanks
dave.engsurv

pauldell 22:14 12 Nov 2004

ive got a new pc with dvd +rw tried using packard bell +dvd and as u say my c wont recognise them either ,seems to be a prob with the disks

Carafaraday 22:41 12 Nov 2004

Sony worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires