DVD+RDL copying and running question

prince midas 15:22 22 Dec 2008

I have been given a TRAXDATA DVD+RDL disk which is 8.5 Gig iin size.
At the bottom left corner of the casing it says RW but as I have not opened it yet does this mean is an RW or is it just advertising and it is actual a normal DVD.

My second question is can I copy up to 8.5 Gig max and run this disk without having to reload,as I have no experience of dual disks.

eedcam 19:34 22 Dec 2008

First does your writer say it can burn Dual layer Second I may be wrong but dont think there are dual layer Rw's
As for burning to max well you wont get 8.5 but then you dont get 4.7 on a single layer it'll be close

prince midas 10:25 23 Dec 2008

Thanks guys it must be a normal R+ disk in dual layer which answers my first question.
I have no instruction for my 3 yr old Pioneer CDrom so it looks as if I will have to experiment unless you have some more ideas.

I am purchasing a new laptop in a few weeks and I thought I could do a Disk image which will ne about 8 gig and keep it in case I wish to go back to what was on my PC when I purchased it rather than say in 18 months doing a full format etc,and use the dual layer disk to do this.Have you any comments on me doing this rather than formating etc.

eedcam 11:14 23 Dec 2008

Dvd is not as long lasting as one is led to believe some brands being better than others for backup you'd be better getting an external hard drive .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?