DVD+r not recognised / readable

Danoh 23:11 10 Mar 2006

Burnt a DVD+r with Roxio s/w on a Windows Media Centre PC. The DVD can be read on that PC's DVD-RW drive as well as an XP Home laptop with a DVD-RW drive.

But it is not recognised at all in a 3rd PC's DVD reader (only) drive, which can read standard pressed DVDs (i.e. not burnt on home PCs).
Clicking on the DVD drive with the DVD+r already inserted, generates the message to insert a disc.

I burnt the DVD+r (8x speed) at 6x speed, single pass only which finalises the DVD at the end of that same burn session. Its a Maxell DVD+r.

Anyone else experienced the same? And found a workaround please?

Thanks in anticipation.

AndySD 23:41 10 Mar 2006

click here Rioxo suport.

Danoh 23:59 10 Mar 2006

Thanks, AndySD! Will check my drives in the morning.

Danoh 01:53 11 Mar 2006

.. had not realised that!
Then found my Samsung SD-616T DVD drive does not read DVD+R discs from the Samsung support site...

Feeling brave, so downloaded the firmware update file and ran the executable program, following the attached instructions.
What do you know!
It now read the DVD+R disc (back-up data content) with no problems!!

THANKS!!

AndySD 02:01 11 Mar 2006

The praise goes to you here for following it through and updating the firmware. The first time you do it the warnings tend to make you think twice about it. Well done.

Danoh 02:50 11 Mar 2006

you're too kind! Yes, the Samsung caveats w.r.t. firmware upgrade were really scary. Steeled myself, shut down all apps running and went for it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?