DVD+R not playing in PC

prima12 19:42 05 Mar 2007

Hi all, I've just recorded to a DVD+R disc in my home DVD recorder, I have finalised the disc so that my grandson can play it in his DVD player, it will also play in all my other DVD players that I have in the house, but when I put it in my PC to play, just to see if it works in it, it just locks everything up and I have to reboot the PC. I am running W98se and have Power DVD installed as the player. Any suggestions please, or am I doing something wrong? P.

skidzy 19:50 05 Mar 2007

Possibly codec issues damaged or missing click here
WMP 9 click here

prima12 20:15 05 Mar 2007

Thanks skidzy, I forgot to mention in my previous posting that commercial pre-recorded discs autoplay in PowerDVD straight away. I downloaded the codecs, but when I installed the DVD again I got about 5/6 rapid clicks and the system locked up again.I am already running WMP9.P.

skidzy 20:29 05 Mar 2007

Maybe this is a case of fussy media,does your home recorder record -r as i find these more stable than +R.

prima12 20:39 05 Mar 2007

The recorder I used is only a 2nd string, and is an Alba(cheap). My other is a JVC which is DVD-R. Could you recommend a free programme that would do the same thing as PowerDVD? P.

moorie- 20:46 05 Mar 2007

try using
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?