DVD+R

HighTower 11:41 04 Feb 2004

I have burned a DVD+R disk but it doesn't seem to be recognised by my stand alone player. The player can read DVD, CDRW, VCD and even MP3 so I was a bit suprised at this. It's a panasonic player. The disk burned was a data disk containing MP3's, I've done the same previously with CD and it's worked fine.

Does anybody know if there is anything in particular I should look out for when burning the disk, or it is just simply that my player won't play DVD+ and that's that!

Thanks

ventanas 12:23 04 Feb 2004

Mine will play all formats except this, same with the player in my pc. So maybe that's your problem.

I would try the panasonic web site to see if there is any info on your particular player.

Hyperangelic 12:23 04 Feb 2004

What is the model of the standalone Panasonic?

JerryJay 12:33 04 Feb 2004

In theory, all +-R disc should be playable on all DVD reader, but some brand of disc have better compitable than others. Panasonic is one of companies who do not subscribe to +R stand in their PC product. I do not know if this is the case for normal DVD player. Can you try differnet make (brand) of +R/RW disc? Maybe try -R disc? I should mention, the +R disc I produced use a LiteOn 811s can be read on a Panasonic (Mathsha) DVD-RAW drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?