DVD/CD RW Drive

blackstorm2k 16:24 14 Aug 2006

I,

I have no luck buying DVD/CD RW combo drives that work properly? Please could you recommend one that works well and where I could buy it from!

Many thanks

jimv7 18:33 14 Aug 2006

Why would you want a dvd/dcrw drive when dvdrw is so cheap theses days, and can burn dvd / cdr.

click here

or

click here

click here

FelixTCat 18:41 14 Aug 2006

blackstorm2k,

Do you want this for a laptop?

Regards,

Felix

blackstorm2k 21:04 14 Aug 2006

Sorry, yeah I mean a DVDRW & CDRW combo drive so I can watch, and burn DVDs and CDs. I want it in black to match my PC. Drive I want should be internal as it's for my desktop machine.

jimv7 that first link you put down is actually the drive I currently have and it's that drive that's not working properly (it refuses to play most DVDs that I know work fine) and it won't copy CDs at all.

What's a good make - Benq? Sony?

Thanks

rodriguez 21:11 14 Aug 2006

I use LG for both of my drives as these make very good drives and I haven't had one failed disc from it in the 2 years I've had it. I also used a lot of different types of media and they all work well in it. At the moment I'm on a pack of Benq CD-Rs and a pack of Emtec DVD-Rs and the LG burner hasn't messed one up yet.

dangerusone 23:08 14 Aug 2006

There are plenty of bargains to be had on eBay,I bought a Samsung DVDRW Lightscribe and the opportunity to buy a DVD/CD player for an additional £15 postage included which i took advantage of as they matched.Black too,not had a coaster in six months.

Eargasm 00:07 15 Aug 2006

Iv'e had no problems with this one.

click here

blackstorm2k 00:50 15 Aug 2006

Cheers folks! Eargasm, I've ordered the one you suggested - seems to suit my needs :D

rdave13 00:58 15 Aug 2006

It comes with no accessories. Sure Eargasm will set you on the right path..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017