DVD writing software

richierich 10:12 11 Sep 2003

Getting an OEM dvd writer which doesnt come with software, anyone recomend some cheap or free dvd writing software please

Lozzy 10:41 11 Sep 2003

What exactly are you wanting to do? As ther is Nero click here

or

Easy CD/DVD Creator click here

wildrover 11:39 11 Sep 2003

Burn4free is a "freeware" cd/dvd writer click here I haven't used it yet but it comes reccommended from a trusted source. Freeware is in brackets because it includes "navhelp" which describes itself as not adware or spyware but integrates with your browser to make keyword searches, much like AOL, I understand. Navhelp is also free. It MAY be possible to uninstall Navhelp without affecting the writer's capabilities?? Follow the links and make your mind up I suppose, unless anyone has any bad reports of these programmes??

wildrover 11:51 11 Sep 2003

If you decide to download, be careful not to click on the advert which for a paid for cd/dvd software. Its an easy mistake to make. Just click "Download" not an advert!!

richierich 12:40 11 Sep 2003

Lozzy,
what I want to do is mainly back up image files but also put digital video onto dvd.
I will try the freebie programmes if not succesful I will probably buy the roxio one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?