DVD writing problems

Mike-290284 15:10 22 Aug 2006

Running MS XP SP2 With internal LG CD/DVD writer and external Freecom DVD/DL writer. My Nero Burning, Roxio Crator 8 and BGold5 DVD writing software cannot recognise blank DVD discs in either drive. Have tried different makes of disc without success.
Can anyone help please.

David4637 15:25 22 Aug 2006

Can you play CD/DVD pre-recorded items on the writers. Nero does NOT always like other burning S/W on the same HD, could be a conflict. Wait see what others have to say before deciding whether to remove them? David

Mike-290284 15:30 22 Aug 2006

David4637 - problem is recent - used Nero and BGold sucessfully and often in past - bought and installed Roxio Creator in hope this might solve problem. Had also uninstalled Nero Burning in past in hope that BGold5 (basic burning software that came with computer)would be able to do the job - it didnt.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:36 22 Aug 2006

sound to me like a very common problem, & that's multiple/erroneous 'class filter drivers',

You should not have more than one burning program installed at once.
Nero and Roxio definately clash!

Try 1st
Uninstall all burnig software and clean the registry.

Reinstall one burner.

2nd
If still no good, in device manager uninstall the IDE channel the drive is on and reboot the PC. let XP reinstall the channel and the DVD/CD drive.

3rd
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

Mike-290284 06:37 23 Aug 2006

Fruit Bat - thanks - sounds a bit complicated for the likes of me but I will have a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?