DVD writers not recognised.

beetiar3 16:40 01 Mar 2008

I have 2 Panasonic DVD Writers installed and neither are recognised if I want to copy files/photos etc. I do not even get the copy wizard now. I use Nero without any problems and also EasyDVD creator and can burn CDs and DVDs . Both programmes recognise each writer and I can always burn CDs and DVDs without problems.
If I just want to burn photos onto CDs via XP neither writer is recognised.
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing without success. My wife has identical programmes on her PC and also identical writers. Hers work in every mod and mine doesn't. We both have Kaspersky installed. She has MS XP Professional and I have XP Home. Mine has only just been inflicted with this problem!

skidzy 16:43 01 Mar 2008

Read my post carefully click here

beetiar3 18:30 02 Mar 2008

Thanks skidzy for your help. I did uninstall the drivers initially but did it again to no effect. I can still burn CDs and DVDs ok on both drives using Nero but still not without it. If I try and copy a CD to either drive without using Nero they are not recognised.
I reset the drives DMA with the tool provided and also the reset tool. Still no effect.
I also followed your instructions and only found a lower filter which I deleted still without effect.
Perhaps a reinstall to repair XP is the only way?

Stuartli 19:59 02 Mar 2008

Have you checked that from My Computer>Explore>highlight one of the drives>Properties>Recording tab>that Enable CD Recording on this drive is ticked?

Repeat for the second drive if necessary.

Stuartli 20:00 02 Mar 2008

You should also have one drive as the Master and the second as the Slave, otherwise only one drive will normally be recognised by Windows.

beetiar3 23:14 02 Mar 2008

Stuartli you were spot on! Went straight to pc - 5 seconds and solved! Neither drive was ticked. Brilliant, thanks so much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?