dvd writer wont recognise discs

yvie 19:48 01 Aug 2007

Hi there I wonder if anyone can help?

I have recently installed a samsung writemaster dvd re writer. I am using InCD.
It works fine when I burn to dvd rw discs but will not recognise dvd r single sided single use discs.

ALso when I try to istall nero my pc freezes and goes very odd so I have taken that off and just left InCD.

I would appreciate some advice please.
Many thanks
Yvie

skidzy 20:01 01 Aug 2007

What model Samsung Writemaster,i have a feeling this will only write to +rw and +R discs.

HCOOH 20:31 01 Aug 2007

I think you will find that InCD only uses RW media so that it can erase and write over stuff.
A lot of people do not use InCd as it has a reputation for being a bit useless.

Which version of Nero did you have and did you install everything. You may find it easier to dump InCD and use Nero but this is only my personal choice of course.

yvie 20:52 01 Aug 2007

Hi there
Im not sure what the model number is. Do I need to take it back out and look? IT doesnt say on the front.

It was a +r disc that I tried but didnt realise that InCD may not be able to do the job.

The disc that came with it has nero express 6, incd, nero vision express, nero backitup, nero showtime, nero recode, and nero lightscribe. OEM version. It also has a new firmware update and when I installed that, none of it worked at all!

Thanks for replying
Yvie

yvie 21:02 01 Aug 2007

oh and I have just found the original disc from when I bought the pc (5 years ago) its a medion disc for nero 5.5.9.14.

Will that be of any use?

HCOOH 22:28 01 Aug 2007

The version of Nero you now have is probably v6 something so I would not worry about your old disc. The firmware you mentioned was it for the Writer or the lightscribe host software.

HCOOH 22:32 01 Aug 2007

Do you know which version of InCD you have only I believe later versions may support single use media.

HCOOH 22:37 01 Aug 2007

Sorry just checked with Nero - only uses RW discs, was confused with InCD reader.

woodchip 22:39 01 Aug 2007

Incd You can use DVDR as well as DVDRW or CD's

woodchip 22:43 01 Aug 2007

Well I have in the past on my computer using Win98se. Also found that I could copy a copyright disc on 98se with old NERO, but not allowed on my XP Laptop with later version

HCOOH 22:51 01 Aug 2007

Just going by what it says
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?