DVD Writer won't read discs properly

spirojunk 13:35 25 Mar 2007

I have an NEC ND-3540A DVD RW drive, which isn't very old. It is the secondary drive in my computer and I have problems with it reading discs. The only time I can get it working is when I am writing a DVD in DVD Shrink. My Computer never shows it containing a disc, DVD or CD. And I can't seem to get it to write a CD in iTunes, Nero or Clone CD.

Can anyone explain why it might be having problems recognising discs? Is there any checks I can do on the drive?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:46 25 Mar 2007

click here
Download XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.
This utility is only intended for Windows® XP. You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

spirojunk 15:17 25 Mar 2007

I tried that, unfortunately it didn't work. The problem isn't that the drive itself doesn't show up in My Computer, it just doesn't show up a disc when one is in the drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?