DVD writer door wont stay closed

woofwoofbark 11:09 03 Aug 2006

Hi I have just installed a DVD writer and burned around 3gb of tv shows onto it , I took out the dvd which plays great on my stand alone dvd player , but , my computers dvd writer optical drive's door wont stay closed ??? everytime i hit the button to close the door , it just springs back open ... ive checked Device manager but says its working properly , I even switched the comp of but the dorr remains open when the comp powers off ... ive disabled and uninstalled through device manager then installed/enabled but no joy ...

any ideas ??

geo

woofwoofbark 11:16 03 Aug 2006

should I open the side panel and disconnect / reconnect the cables , would that make a difference ?

geo

ArrGee 11:45 03 Aug 2006

Seems as though this is a hardware problem. If you bought the DVD writer new, exchange it.

ArrGee 12:10 03 Aug 2006

Does it do this in safe mode?

ArrGee 12:14 03 Aug 2006

There are some 'joke' trojans going around, like Netbus. These can also cause the auto-opening. BEst to make sure you've got all the latest virus updates and run them.

gooberfish 09:55 04 Aug 2006

is the eject button stuck ?????

woofwoofbark 16:51 04 Aug 2006

I played around (for want of a better explination) with the eject button and gently moved the door for a min or so , its done the trick ! maybe it was the eject button or it could have been the catch too hold the door in place ? who knows , it works fine now !

cheers for your help

geo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?