DVD WRITER

User-F28ABD19-22EA-4002-982DD1EDE899711E 14:00 27 Mar 2004

I recently bought a Panasonic DMR E50EBS DVD recorder and have been copying my old videos. I can play them on my Power DVD and Windows Media Player, but when I try to play them on my old DVD player, which is a Pacific, bought from ASDA, it doesn't work. The file format shows up as a MPEG.
Can anyone advise me what I can do, if anything, that will allow me to play these on my old player.

pj123 14:41 27 Mar 2004

You need to update your DVD player. My DVD player is multiformat and (so far) plays anything I throw at it.

siouxah1 16:22 27 Mar 2004

click here

Further to the above postings,

Try the site above to check your DVD compatibility. The DVD-R discs that I write with the E60B, which is the E50B with Firewire connection, results in OK on most DVD stand alones.

Further to this, some DVD ROMs fitted to a PC will play DVD RAM recorded on the Panasonic as long as a RAM driver is loaded. Such as the Toshiba SD M1612.

Depending on your model you should be able to play DVD-R if it is a 750/1000/1002. The 750 is listed as some DVD-R.

If all else fails try another make of media.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 16:22 27 Mar 2004

click here

Further to the above postings,

Try the site above to check your DVD compatibility. The DVD-R discs that I write with the E60B, which is the E50B with Firewire connection, results in OK on most DVD stand alones.

Further to this, some DVD ROMs fitted to a PC will play DVD RAM recorded on the Panasonic as long as a RAM driver is loaded. Such as the Toshiba SD M1612.

Depending on your model you should be able to play DVD-R if it is a 750/1000/1002. The 750 is listed as some DVD-R.

If all else fails try another make of media.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 16:24 27 Mar 2004

Sorry about double post, big hangup.

siouxah1 17:29 27 Mar 2004

PS,

as a further thought, are you able to select the MPEG file on your player. If so select and press play.

The Pacific is meant to be Multi Format eg dvd-r, cd-r, cd-rw, mp3.
The discs I have are Big Pockets dvd-r 4.7gb General Purpose, 1x/2x/4x.
when I put the dvd into the Pacific it displays the message LOADING and thats it - nothing happens.

siouxah1 19:21 27 Mar 2004

Just a wild shot in the dark, are you finalising the discs in the E50BS?

Apart from that I can only suggest that you take your finalised disc to some alternative DVD player and try it on that. Do you have a friendly neighbour?

Failing that can only suggest a change of media.

Brian j

Yes we are finalising the DVDs on the E50EBS. Could this be causing the problem?

Tried playing on the Pacific 1002 before finalising, this didn't work either.

Doen't have a DVD writer on my computer only player and have no problems playing on that.

siouxah1 21:41 28 Mar 2004

No pacey it will not cause a problem, you do need to finalise before trying to play on DVD Stand alone.

Can only suspect that even though your DVD is listed as capable, it must have a problem.

Have you tried your discs on neighbour's/friend's DVD?

The discs that I use are Ritek,Datasafe,Packard Bell and Traxdata. All DVD-R, mostly X2 but someX4. No problems with any of them on Yello 800,Scan 2500,Philips.

Regards Brian j

fuzzyone 21:46 28 Mar 2004

pacey,

I have the same player as yourself, and get this message when inserting a VCD,

Try pressing the "1" button on the remote control, and then the play button a couple of seconds later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?