DVD will not play on PC ??

Magik ®© 11:28 04 Oct 2005

hi, just put a video clip onto a dvd, via a dvd player/recorder... but i can not get it to play on the PC..........any ideas why......thanks

Yoda Knight 11:57 04 Oct 2005

Have you got any dvd players (software)installed ?

Magik ®© 12:12 04 Oct 2005

Hi, yes, i use intervideo winDVD, i recorded the clip on the player/recorder that is wired to the TV, then put the disk in the PC, nothing..

thanks

SANTOS7 12:27 04 Oct 2005

If its a player/recorder can you not play it back on your TV, or you will need third party software that supports the file system the DVD is being written in

Magik ®© 12:35 04 Oct 2005

oh I see, the clip was on a vhs video tape, which i put onto a dvd disk because i wanted to make a screensaver out of it..so it looks at the moment i have had it.............thanks, i will think again.........

apianglo 12:58 04 Oct 2005

i had a similar problem not so long ago,what i eventually found ,was that these dvd recorders don`t automatically close the disc...."lead in...lead out" this must be done as part of the editing programme of the recorder.I`m not saying that this is your problem, but is worth looking at.

Rayuk 13:13 04 Oct 2005

If you have it on DVDRW it should be ok as is but if on DVDR as apianglo states there should be an option to finalise the disc so it will play on other dvd players

Magik ®© 13:35 04 Oct 2005

Thanks again, i will see if it can be finalized now, if it is not too late..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?