DVD video with Nero6

richierich 16:06 12 Sep 2003

Have downloaded the trial programme time limited to the end of month.
Have rendered a movie in Ulead and saved it as a dvd pal mpeg file.
Opened nero followed wizard to make dvd movie, when I open the box it only imports vob. ifo. or bup files whatever they are. I thought mpeg was the one.
If I change the panel for all files when I try to add the mpg it sdoesnt recognise it.
Is this becauaseits a demo version or am i doing somthing stupid.

BigMoFoT 16:55 12 Sep 2003

VOB, BUP and IFO type files are the file extensions for DVD films. You can use MPEG files to put on a DVD but you wouuld better off using a program such as TMPGEN for that..either that or create an SVCD with the sourced MPEG file format.

richierich 17:05 12 Sep 2003

Im reaaly confused.
Ive imported my digital video, edited it in Ulead, and rendered it for dvd pal which produced an mpeg file, I want to put it on a dvd, how do I go about it, i thought nero would do this.

BigMoFoT 17:11 12 Sep 2003

Nero 6 will only work with VOB files - if you want to create a DVD using MPEG as a source file:
try click here and download the trial version of Expression (Hope u have broadband!)

richierich 17:14 12 Sep 2003

If nero 6 will only work with VOB files how do I get my dv video into VOB files

Chegs ® 17:45 12 Sep 2003

TEMPGENC and TEMPGENC DVD Author are the two progs I use to convert the AVI file into MPEG2,then to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.I haven't found a free prog yet,that will convert to MPEG2.

Chegs ® 17:48 12 Sep 2003

TEMPGENC and TEMPGENC DVD Author are the two progs I use to convert the AVI file into MPEG2,then to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.I haven't found a free prog yet,that will convert to MPEG2.

y_not 06:04 13 Sep 2003

Within the Ulead software are options to author the file making it suitable for writing to DVD.

I use Studio 8 which basically has three stages - capture, edit & "Make movie" - at which point I have the option to encode for VCD, SVCD, VHS, DVD, Web streaming etc.

If I select the "DVD" option the software simply writes a VIDEO_TS folder wherever I specify.

I've had a quick look at the Ulead products and they all seem capable of authoring the DVD.

Have a good look around the Ulead programme

richierich 07:51 13 Sep 2003

Thanks all, Ive resolved the problem for now. It seems that with nero 6 I also needed the module called nerovisiom express, which I had to load on but couldnt becauase i didnt have direct x 9, so I spent 45 minutes on microsoft.com dowmloading it.
I can now put the mpeg file into the programme and make lovely dvd.s
Y.not, I will relook at the ulead programme but from what i remember the dvd output option offered either pal or ntvc, i chose pal and i ended up with an mpeg.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie