DVD slide show software

MuDelta 16:36 10 Apr 2005

What do you recommend as the best?
First requirement is quality of images on the TV screen.
Next, flexibility – ability to add captions, sound (voice over and music), text boxes lines, and arrows.
Last cost, the cheaper the better, free being best of all but I think there is little chance of that!

I am presently trying PowerShow Gold and am impressed with it’s range of features but it can be a little buggy at times and at $63, not cheap. Perhaps it just seems dear to a poor old pensioner. Advice please.

stalion 18:00 10 Apr 2005

not the cheapest but very good have a look at the specifications

click here

oseven 19:47 10 Apr 2005

Ulead video studio.You can pick up version 7 at reduced price now that version 8 is available.
Does what you want and is not prone to crashing as some others are.
SCVD is good enough for slideshows,and cheaper.You probably would be unable to distinguish between DVD and SVCD for slideshow.

MIke 20:18 10 Apr 2005

I use Ulead DVD Picture show which allows you to copy the original photos to the cd or DVD as well. Obviously it takes up more disc space but is a handy backup of your photos.

The slide show quality is good too, but I've yet to find anything thats as good as Kodak's PhotoCD used to be. I say used to be as my CDi player died. I've yet to come across a DVD player that supports PhotoCD (different to Picture CD which is lower quality)In fact I'm not even sure if you can still get PhotoCD's made.

Sorry rambled on a bit there. I'll shut up now
:-)

jack 21:37 10 Apr 2005

For one of the most versatile go to

click here

DVD/ add captions/music/ Camera images for TV.

Free cut down version about £15 for release code for the full blown version.

MuDelta 23:56 10 Apr 2005

Thanks people, pleanty to think about.
Of course it should be ProShow Gold not PowerShow. Just a slip of the quill pen.

Has anyone tried to rank different programs? Perhaps PAC should so a review. FE, what do you say?

TomJerry 00:11 11 Apr 2005

Photodex Proshow Gold click here

Canopus Imaginate 2.0 click here

If you have any video editing software such as Ulead Videostudio and Pinnacle Studio, the slide show is one of functions.

lester1 00:36 11 Apr 2005

Irfranview is good and free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?