DVD Shrink Alternative?

Internetwhizzkid 19:54 08 Mar 2007

Hi,

does anyone know of any free software that is an alternative to DVD Shrink

or some software that will burn files from a ripped DVD (.Bup .info etc)

Thanks
Ben

sean-278262 20:00 08 Mar 2007

I have replied to your duplicate thread here

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:00 08 Mar 2007
  sean-278262 20:03 08 Mar 2007

Not sure where you are going fruitbat but dont forget that there are loads of legitimate uses to burning .info files. Anyone that produces their own home videos should know this. Also it is a great way to produce a best of a series of episodes rather than lug the entire box set you can have just the one CD. Obviously this requires you play it legal. Not our job to play net nannies.

prima12 20:14 08 Mar 2007

Can you tell me where the link in 'Fruit Bat /\0/\' post leads to as all I am getting is a blank page? P.

moorie- 20:15 08 Mar 2007

forum rules

chocolate cake 20:16 08 Mar 2007

Fruitbats link directs to the forum rules and is I think an attempt to remind regarding the use of multiple threads on the same subject.

prima12 20:16 08 Mar 2007

Thanks. P.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:24 08 Mar 2007

'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to
sites that contain illegal material of any nature, or links to other sites that offer such information. Do not ask other forum members to provide you with help or information that will enable you to illegally obtain copyrightprotected
material, or to circumvent product registration or activation requirements, or to bypass a computer’s password protection.

DVD shrink I don't have a problem with, de-cryptor however is definately about breaking copywrite protection.

Shrink will work with any .bup .ifo files not containing protection.

"some software that will burn files from a ripped DVD"

ArrGee 21:36 08 Mar 2007

I have to disagree with you there. Very easy to duplicate most copy-protected DVDs in DVD Shrink.

Perhaps the T's and C's of the forum have to be revisited, but there are cases that need to be fully defined.

Is copying copywright protected DVDs or CDs (or any other material) within or outside the law if it is for one's self use? How is 'self use' defined? How can De-Cryptor be perceived as being 'definately about breaking copywrite protection'?

It's almost like saying that hammers should be banned for public use because they can be used to smash the windows of jewellery shops, and that (in turn) would be an implicit indictment on the purchaser of the hammer, purely on the basis of the purchase.

Sorry to be such a p in the a Fruit Bat /\0/\, but I just get so wound up by this sort of finger pointing. On that basis, I fully agree with Astec123.

ArrGee 21:39 08 Mar 2007

I'll see what I can find. Have you tried AnyDVD?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?